Friday, June 20, 2008

Summer's Here! Finally...

It is the first day of summer!! Finally. I have been here for six months now. The days are very long up here in Washington. The sun has been out all day today. People have told me that the long, cold spring here was unusual. I think they are not telling me the truth. People love it up here and want everyone to love it too! But I lived in Northern California for many years and I don't think this climate suits me. It was so rainy and cold for so long. In California I never wore a winter coat, but here I have a wardrobe of different raincoats. Short, long, winter, summer...I have pictures of hail and snow in April. Very sad.

But it really is beautiful here. The Olympic mountains are the backdrop for everything. My office is right on Lake Washington. The weather changes quickly here and sometimes a rainstorm will rush through for a few minutes with wind and rain, then the sun will be peeking through the clouds, blue sky overhead, snow-capped mountains in the background and I can see why people love it here.

No comments: