Saturday, January 9, 2016

Weekend with my two grandsons.  Since I missed Christmas (couldn't get there because of snow), I gave them a tube of prehistoric sharks and another, larger shark.  This kept them occupied for the entire visit.  They have great imaginations and make up whole worlds.
Friday night we drew Thank You cards to people who sent them Christmas presents.
Saturday morning, we had French toast, went over to the local ceramic studio, where I'm a member, and played with clay for a couple of hours.  A made a battleship group and a 7 finned shark... N made a figure ( an Inquisitor) and a hose sprayer.

Home for lunch, then we had to decide what to do in the afternoon.  A wanted to go to the local art museum, where Family Arts Day included creating abstract art.  But N wanted to go next door to see a movie, The Iron Giant.  We actually managed to do both.
A really nice weekend. Mom just came, with the new baby, T, who's 5 months old.  She left me with her laundry (her washer died), and off they went.
I have to go to the ceramics studio tomorrow morning. I have 6 mugs that need handles and carving, 7 mugs, two goblet tops and two bowls to glaze.
I'm determined to up my production this year, create more detailed work and sell a lot more work.  I am also going to investigate galleries out of the area, where I expect I could charge quite a bit more than I get here.

No comments: