Sunday, April 27, 2008

My children teach me so much...

As I have gotten older, although I am much wiser, my children are always teaching me new things; things I wasn't aware I didn't know - things they probably don't even know they are teaching me.

I am in awe of my daughter. My daughter teaches me how to be a better person. A better Mom, a better Grandma (although I'm a pretty good Grandma). She challenges me on things I never gave a thought to before. Makes me more aware and conscious. She is so aware of her world and how she wants it to be. In my eyes, she seems to be very true to herself. She has always been herself. From the day she was born. She decided to become a vegetarian at age 9 after watching a film about the awful conditions in which chickens were kept. That was it. From that day on, no more meat.

Now she has her own chickens, just for the eggs of course, roaming freely on her little farm.

My son, so sure of himself, has no fear. He built a radio-controlled helicopter at age 11. One day, this big package arrived at the door. He had bought it himself and put it together himself...He's older now, working, making his way in his world. I have no doubt that he'll do whatever he wants to do.

They couldn't be more different, but I see how similar they are in the things that matter.

No comments: