Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Conversations With a Young Mother with Toddlers

My daughter and I try to call each other almost every day. But it's difficult. We may talk for a minute or two, then our calls end like this:

"Are you really going to throw up? I can pull over!" (Generally, that's her, not me, saying that!)

or, the combo crisis:

"The baby threw up all over me...I've got to go...Did you poop in your pants?"

And she assures me that these are not just excuses to get off the phone with me...

1 comment:

Papa and Momma said...

I think little kids have something in their brain chemistry that makes them go crazy when Mommy gets on the phone. It could be totally silent in the house, a perfect setting for a peaceful phone call with Grandma, then. as the numbers are dialed the crisis begin.