Saturday, July 26, 2008

The new, better me...

Dinner at my apartment when I first moved in...


My living room...


The clubhouse...



I live in a tiny apartment here. My home in Northern California is rented to a lovely woman while I live and work here for the next few years. It is summer and the weather is beautiful. Sunny, 70s, blue skies, mountains, lakes. Summer is short here so people tend to take full advantage of the sun while it's here.

I love my apartment complex. We have a brand new clubhouse (see pix) with two pools, hot tub, fitness center, racquet ball court, sauna, tanning booth, spa, kitchen, barbeque and meeting rooms. It is gorgeous. On the weekends it is like being at a resort. I had been working out every day until I got pneumonia last week.

When I moved here late last year I decided to begin my "self improvement" program. So, today I will begin to work out again. The disappointing thing is that I didn't lose an ounce even though I had worked out every day for two months! So frustrating! Perhaps if I cut down on the ice cream? Hmmmm.

No comments: