Friday, July 25, 2008

After the Party...The Long Drive Home...


I spent four terrific days with my family, celebrating my granddaughter's 6th birthday. She requested a blueberry cake with a rainbow and a unicorn! Does that sound perfect for a 6 year old girl?

We had the party at a local park, cooking tofu dogs, garden burgers, playing on the playground then swimming in the swimming hole. All of her little friends came.

The weather was gorgeous - hot, sunny, blue sky - perfect.
My daughter is the best mom. She works so hard to do everything for her little family. She takes care of everyone. She made a beautiful mermaid doll for the birthday girl. It is so sweet. Birthday girl loved it.

The girls had horsewomanship lessons, too. They are learning trick riding. It's quite exciting to see them standing on the horses, spinning on the horses, relaxing on the horses, jumping the horses.

Then we went to the organic blueberry farm to pick blueberries. I hope some of them got frozen in time! We had the best time. The kids played and picked blueberries. They had so much fun they didn't want to leave.
After a great four days, I drove 12 hours straight to get home. My legs hurt from sitting for so long in the car, but it was worth the drive to spend time with the littles. Can't wait till I'm there every day!

No comments: