Thursday, July 17, 2008

Off to see my beautiful family!!!

Well, first thing tomorrow morning I'll be in my trusty Honda, in the dark before dawn, driving 12 hours to see my daughter, son-in-law and my beautiful grandchildren.

I always load up the car with food, things to take to them (this time I'll be loaning them some dining chairs since I neither cook nor invite anyone over to my little apartment up here) and everything the car will hold. I usually bring my own pillows, blanket, even towels. It's pretty funny how we get attached to "our stuff". I'm not a keeper of things at all. I have kept some jewelry (mostly fake) from my Mom, a bunch of photos, of course, some old Christmas cards from those I love, one box of "things the kids made when they were little" and very little of my own artwork.

Wonder how expensive the drive will be this time. My last fill-up was at $4.25 and that's much less than most of the stations around here.

It's my granddaughter's 6th birthday. I missed her birthday last year and I don't ever want to miss these birthdays. I'm all too aware of how few there are. She said that she wants a blueberry cake, so that is what she'll have. Nice, organic blueberries. If we're lucky, we'll go and pick blueberries at the local organic blueberry farm. If not, Costco sells organic blueberries. But its much more fun to pick them with the little ones. They eat more than they keep and by the time we're done hands and faces are blue, blue blue!

Can you tell that I'm excited?

No comments: