Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another Birthday...

So, I had another birthday. Apparently it didn't mean much to anyone...A beautiful card from Dad and one from a good friend. A couple of late day calls from others. Happy Birthday to my son also.

I'm wasting my days and don't know how to fix it. I went to the art museum to see the Impressionist exhibit, but it wasn't anything special. I guess if you've seen the Monet exhibit at the Met in NY...I drove to Port Townsend the other day, a two and a half hour drive. I brought an overnight bag in case I wanted to stay over, but I'm not sure why anyone would want to spend much time there. I walked and drove all over the town. If you aren't a sailor there's not much to do there. I'm always on the lookout for good artwork, ceramics, glass, etc. but I didn't see a thing. Brought my camera, but didn't take it out of the car. It was a beautiful day and the Olympic Peninsula is beautiful. Not sure what to do next. I'm thinking of getting a season ski pass but the thought of driving up each weekend in the snow is daunting. I wish there was a bus. Also thinking of doing some ceramics at the local community college this fall, but can't seem to decide.

My son has mono. After two weeks of a bad sore throat and several diagnostic blood tests, several trips to the ER to get steroid injections to reduce swelling in his throat, penicillin injections (to which he had a bad reaction and a rash covering his body) the doctors finally figured it out. Apparently the first test was not accurate. Of course, there isn't any treatment, just tylenol, fluids, and rest. Sure makes one confident in doctors, doesn't it?

No comments: