Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Day of School!

I can't believe that my granddaughter is starting school tomorrow! I called her tonight to wish her luck and Mom said that she was making her own lunch. She sounded so grown up. She's very excited about school and said that she is also starting her swimming class "on the second day of school" and she was excited about that also. She's looking forward to showing her swim teacher how she can swim underwater and how she's learning to dive. We practiced diving when she was here with me. I think she is going to love school. when she got on the phone she said "I'm sorry I didn't remember your birthday." I told her that it was OK, she could make me a card or draw a picture for me.

I'm a little sad though, too. I hear her voice and she's sounds so grown up. She's confident, excited and ready to go. I feel as though my little girl has already grown up and I wasn't there as often as I would have liked. But I'm hoping to take her on a ski vacation this winter so that she can learn to ski with me. I even bought her gloves today. I hope I can make it happen.

No comments: