Saturday, June 6, 2009

More Settling In...

I am housesitting for a lovely couple with three cats. Their home is beautifully furnished with an Asian theme. Very calming. The backyard is filled with flowers, bamboo and Japanese maples. It is obviously the home of a couple who enjoy their life. I am trying to learn from their example.

I have just arrived, unpacked and started the wash. Amazing how good it feels to have clean clothes and a dresser in which to put them...It will be nice to be in one place for six weeks now. I've found a lovely house to rent starting in mid-July and am looking forward to getting my stuff out of storage. I am living with very few things right now and frankly, other than my art materials, I'm not missing very much. It's pretty amazing how little one needs to be comfortable. For me, the most important things are clean clothes and a shower each day. Other than those, I'm pretty flexible...I will however, have to get a microwave and some decent cable TV when I move into my little home...

No comments: